LBT32: All About the Good Food Awards
When I was a judge for the Good Food Awards Blind Tasting last fall, I ran into Gina Conedera, another judge who owns Chunky Pig, and she asked me to do a post about the process. She said this info would’ve been useful when she was an applicant, so I decided to record a podcast episode for anyone else who might want to know more about the process. Thanks for the idea, Gina!
In this episode, I interviewed Alli Ball from Allison Ball Consulting, who organized the Pantry category and also invited me to be a judge. She’s fabulous and really knows her stuff! We talked about the timeline for the Good Food Awards from entering, to the blind tasting to the gala – and shared tips for success along the way.
After listening to this episode, you’ll learn:
- The number 1 reason why a producer should enter the Good Food Awards
- Why it’s useful, even if you don’t end up winning an award
- How the blind tasting works
- How you can set yourself up for success
Scroll down to listen online or download the episode from iTunes.
Good Food Awards Timeline
- July – Enter up to three products and send samples
- September – Blind tasting
- November – Semi-finalists announced
- January – Good Food Awards & Marketplace
And if you’re a local business owner, connect with us in the Facebook Group!